Practically every highway and freeway in the country is divided by outwardly unassuming barriers. Although they look modest, these concrete jersey barriers are in reality illusorily valuable. Read on to know more about the cleverly cast barricades that prevent and survive so many collisions.
1. The makers of these barricades put them through rigorous tests to ensure that they can tolerate high intensity crashes. The last thing they want is for them to breakdown and add to the damage.
2. These have been created by experts to diminish a vehicle’s motion, which can be exceedingly handy in a crash. When used as road partitions, their intent is to mainly guarantee commuter protection even when people are speeding. It ensures that a mishap on one side of the freeway does not negatively impact vehicles on the other side of the street.
3. Although they were quite bulky when they were first used decades ago their contemporary designs are much more streamlined making them ideal for use in several situations.
4. Intensely durable, they can withstand exceedingly warm or even freezing temperatures without showing structural ruptures or damage. This makes them perfect for any region and every weather condition. It also speaks volumes about the robustness of the material and guarantees long term use, which makes it a great investment.
5. They can be painted in bright colors to warn and minimize collision incidences for drivers. They have been used in road safety for decades and their usefulness has made them a standard in highway use in most countries globally.
Moreover, they require no maintenance which furthers their appeal to a great extent. The jersey barrier can be handy not only on highways, but also serve many other boundary reinforcement purposes across several industries.